Made with Weetabix
- 4 slices Pemeal bacon — optional
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 1/2 onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sumac
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- pinch cinnamon
- 3 Weetabix biscuit — divided
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon peel
- salt and pepper
- Burger buns
- Pan fry Peameal bacon (if using) and set aside.
- Drain chick peas and set aside.
- In a blender puree onion, add egg and blend well.
- Add chick peas and puree. Break 2 biscuits into the blender and blend.
- Add spices and place in fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Break remaining weetabix into a plate and stir in more sumac plus salt and pepper.
- Mix together yogurt, lemon, salt and pepper, set aside.
- When chick pea mixture is settled, warm a cast iron skillet and preheat oven to 375F. Form chick pea mixture into 3 inch patties. Drizzle pan with grapeseed oil, fry patties on both sides to brown.
- Place into oven to warm through for 15 minutes. Serve on burger bun with a slice of bacon if using and a dollop of lemon yogurt.