Chocolate and Coconut Weetabix Slice
Made with Weetabix
- 5.5oz self-raising flour
- 3oz dessicated coconut
- 5oz soft brown sugar
- 3 Weetabix, crushed
- 10 tablespoons butter or spread, melted
For the icing
- 7oz dark chocolate
- 1oz butter or spread
- Desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a shallow 11×7 inch cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut, sugar and Weetabix.
- Make a well in the center and add melted butter or spread. Stir with a wooden spoon. Press mixture firmly into the prepared tin. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stand to cool for 10 minutes before icing.
- Make icing: Stir chocolate and butter or spread in a small saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Spread over the warm slice, smoothing with a spatula. Sprinkle with extra coconut or coloured sprinkles.
- Allow icing to set and cool down before cutting into squares.
Other ideas: If you cool this traybake in the fridge, allow it to come back to room temperature before cutting into squares so it won’t be so brittle.