Submitted by: Jackie S., Glasgow, Scotland
Recipe Source: Passed on at a U.K. jumble sale from a fan who had an old recipe.
- 4 crushed Weetabix biscuits
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) caster sugar (super fine granulated sugar)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) semisweet chocolate chips (or use 100 g package of milk chocolate, chopped up)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL). melted margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- Brownie pan lined with greaseproof paper
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix melted margarine or butter and egg into the dry mix.
- Mix well and pour into brownie baking pan (8-1/2” x 8-1/2”).
- Bake 15 minutes at electric 350ºF (180ºC).
- Cool for 5 minutes, then turn brownie out and cut into squares.