Maple Fruit Weetabix Crisp
Submitted by: Olivia D., Edmonton, AB
Recipe Source: My imagination!
- 4 Weetabix biscuits, crumbled
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped fruit (e.g. peeled apples and pears are a great combination)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 mL) cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, pecans and flour.
- Toss with chopped fruit. Spread the mixture in a small casserole dish.
- Cover with crumbled Weetabix and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake uncovered at 350ºF (180ºC) for 20-25 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Serve warm. Ice cream is a nice touch.