Chocolate Chip Banana Weetabix Cake
Submitted by: Weetabix
Recipe Source: Weetabix Web Recipes
- 4 crushed Weetabix biscuits
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) cinnamon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In large mixing bowl, combine Weetabix, brown sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In second large mixing bowl, combine eggs, oil and bananas.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased, foil-lined or waxed papered 13” x 9” (3.5 L) baking pan.
- Bake at 350ºF (180ºC) for one hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool complete. Turn out of pan. Remove paper or foil and cut into squares.
1 large cake (13” x 9” pan) or 16 squares