This chocolate slice or biscuit bar is so easy to make and the kids can easily get involved.
150g self-raising flour
85g dessicated coconut
140g soft brown sugar
3 Weetabix, crushed
125g butter or spread, melted
For the icing
200g dark chocolate
30g butter or spread
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a shallow 28cmx18cm cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut, sugar and Weetabix.
- Make a well in the centre and add melted butter or spread. Stir with a wooden spoon. Press mixture firmly into the prepared tin. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stand to cool for 10 minutes before icing.
- Make icing: Stir chocolate and butter or spread in a small saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Spread over the warm slice, smoothing with a spatula. Sprinkle with extra coconut or coloured sprinkles.
- Allow icing to set and cool down before cutting into squares.
Other ideas: If you cool this traybake in the fridge, allow it to come back to room temperature before cutting into squares so it won't be so brittle.
If you require further information on the company or our brands or if you wish to contact a member of the consumer services team please click on the link below.
Email Consumer Services